- Buy a Franchise for a bucket full of money.
- Attend a one day “Training Program” in a class room with a few dozen other people and see a sales pitch.
- Join our program where we teach the basics first so you are armed with the ability to think through each leather repair and restoration project your client presents. Our program is not just theory or a sales pitch. It’s founded on the real world experiences of over 23 years and tens of thousands of repair and restoration projects under our belt.
The class is scheduled on as needed basis at either our
The following is a general overview and some additional information that includes:
3. A detailed course synopsis, including fee structure, and accommodations for our out-of-town guests.
4. Course outline
THE BASICS OF LEATHER REPAIR
Objective Statement ---
This course is intended for people who repair leather. The candidates include independent leather service technicians, automobile detailers, leather furniture manufactures, leather supply houses, transit companies, warranty companies and retailers to name a few. At the conclusion of this course, the attendee will have a basic grasp of how to access a problem, develop a strategy for repair and execute the appropriate steps to create the most effective solution possible.
Course Includes ---
1. 3 1/2 days of hands-on training with each attendee working from his/her personal kit. The lead trainer has been repairing leather furniture for over 23 years, having successfully repaired thousands of damaged leather furniture pieces. The course takes that deep practical experience and brings it to each attendee.
2. 180 page Leather Technician Field Guide that covers the course material. It is written in an organized, easy-to-read fashion. The attendee can focus on the hands-on activities without the need to take notes as the specific techniques are all well documented in the training guide.
3. Access to our DVD library of “How-To” instructions with a three year subscription and access to our technical library of on-line video instructions.
4. Toll-free telephone support for three full years. Our technical support team is ready to answer any questions and assist in any way possible in solving the problems faced by the attendee when back on the job.
5. Addition to our Web-site with a link to you in your market as a lead referral source.
6. Certification by Advanced Leather Solutions as a trained professional leather technician.
7. An attendee can bring to the class specific leather problems they may have encountered and see how our technicians solve them.
- A fully outfitted professional level mobile kit with electrical wiring built in to support the included compressor, top-of-the-line airbrushing equipment, professional quality heat gun, etc. Additionally the kit contains all the other necessary tools and chemistry for repairing damaged leather. This is the same kit our service technicians use. It has evolved over the last 23 years of field repairs by our technicians to be as reliable, efficient and complete a repair kit as possible. If purchased at the time of training, the kit fee is $1500. If purchased at any other time the kit fee is $1750. We can ship anywhere in
North Americavia UPS. You will be responsible for shipping cost.
- Business Development Plan for starting a leather repair business which identifies markets, recommends pricing and offers samples for marketing materials. Customer relations issues are discussed so the repair technician is guided with effective answers to the difficult questions the consumer may be asking. Three year on going marketing support going forward is included. Fee is $1,000.
1. A starter kit of colors, primers, repair compounds top coats, etc.
2. An air brush (Badger 250-3)
3. The Technician's Field Guide
4. 5 DVD's on aspects of leather repair
5. 3 hour introductory consultation via web cam or telephone
6. Sample leather pieces for practice.
Fee is $795. plus shipping of materials via UPS
This program is a low cost entry to get your feet a bit wet in this industry. If you are serious about the business then it is much better to go with the hands-on program. Otherwise it’s like trying to teach yourself how to play piano with a book and 3 hours of over the phone conversation with a piano teacher.
Copyright 2010, Kevin Gillan