Offering insights, ideas, facts and awareness regarding leather care, repair and restoration. The blog is for "do-it-yourself" consumers and leather technician professionals who want to learn about the world of maintaining leather furniture, automobile leathe fine leather articles like garments and bags.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Leather Repair and Restoration Training
I'm seeing a significant increase in interest in our leather repair and restoration training program. For those interested, here is some information about our training program.
Course Title - THE BASICS OF LEATHER REPAIR
Objective Statement ---
This course is intended for people who repair and restore leather. At the conclusion of the course, the attendee will have a basic grasp of how to access a problem, develop a strategy for repair and execute the appropriate steps to create the most effective solution possible.
Course Includes ---
1. A fully outfitted professional level mobile kit with electrical wiring built in to support the included compressor, top-of-the-line airbrushing equipment, professional quality heat gun, etc. Additionally the kit contains all the other necessary tools and chemistry for repairing damaged leather. This is the same kit our service technicians use. It has evolved over the last 23 years of field repairs by our technicians to be as reliable, efficient and complete a repair kit as possible.
2. 3 1/2 days of hands-on training with each attendee working from his/her personal kit. The lead trainer has been repairing leather furniture for over 21 years, having successfully repaired thousands of damaged leather furniture pieces. The course takes that deep practical experience and brings it to each attendee.
3. One hundred eighty page Leather Technician's Field Guide that covers the course material. It is written in an organized, easy-to-read fashion. The attendee can focus on the hands-on activities without the need to take notes as the specific techniques are all well documented in the training guide.
4. Our commitment to follow-on telephone support. Our technical support team is ready to answer any questions and assist in any way possible in solving the problems faced by the attendee when back on the job.
5. Access to our library of DVD based training modules with a 3 year subscription. Here is a sample training related video sequence we have up on Picasa:
6. Customer relations issues are discussed so the repair technician is guided with effective answers to the difficult questions the consumer may be asking.
7. Certification as a trained professional leather technician.
8. An attendee can bring to the class specific leather problems they may have encountered and see how our technicians solve them.
The fee for a single person (including the technician's kit) is $3,600. A second person from the same entity is an additional $1,200. We require $1,000 deposit and the balance due upon arrival for the trainingsession.
This program is in essence a "Business in a Box" concept. It doesn't have any of the financial burdens and territorial limitations of a franchise that may cost many thousands of dollars more. For more information, contact us via e-mail: Kevin@ADVLeather.com, or via phone in the US at 510-786-6059.